pH Testing Health Benefits
Health Benefits of pH Testing
(Download PDF/Printable Version) Includes Tracking Chart
PH management is the cornerstone of health maintenance. The first goal on the way to great health is to attain and maintain a first morning urine pH in the alkaline range of 6.4 to 7.0. The foundation of great health requires good mineral nutrition. Without it the body can become acidic due to the gradual depletion of its mineral reserves. When mineral levels are low, many types of health stress can occur. Some people have so depleted their mineral stores the body is unable to use minerals to buffer internal acidity. Instead it must make ammonia on an emergency basis to buffer the urine. In most of these cases, the pH of urine will be greater than 7.0. This is a serious situation requiring immediate intervention. Your goal is to keep the urine pH in the ideal alkaline range of 6.4 to 7.0 as measured by the first morning urine pH.
pH Ion Balance strips are super-sensitive test strips that give you an extremely accurate reading of how acidic or alkaline your tissues may be. It can test the pH of urine or saliva (range: 4.5 - 9.0). Unlike regular pH tape or litmus paper, the pad indicator of each test strip is super easy to read, thus giving you a more accurate reading. In addition, the strips measure in tight 0.25 increments so you'll know exactly what your pH is.
- Using the pH Strip test the first morning urine after 5 AM.
- Use the tracking sheet provided below to record your pH values each day.
- If the first morning urine pH is below 6.4 this indicates the body is in a state of physiological dysregulation and distress due to lack of sufficient minerals which are needed to adequately carry out thousands of basic cellular functions. Our immediate first goal is to restore a consistently alkaline first morning urine pH between 6.4 point four and 7.0 using fast acting coral minerals which are highly ionized and easily absorbed. We recommend Coral Legend Plus (90 caps) or Coral Legend Plus 300 caps and live source D3 Serum.*
- Once the pH of the first morning urine is consistently in the alkaline range between 6.4 and 7.0. for at least two weeks, begin testing the evening urine pH. Measure just before dinner around 5 or 6 PM.
- When the first morning urine pH is below 6.0 and bone loss has occurred, usually larger amounts of calcium, magnesium, and trace minerals are needed. In this case, the pH trio is recommended which includes Coral Legend Plus, D3 and Aloe Mannan-FX. In many cases of osteoporosis immune support maybe needed as well. If so, OsteoVen™ should be added. OsteoVen™ contains marine coral with a full spectrum formula of bone-promoting synergists and also delivers immune-specific support to help the body attain ideal health function for bone mass concerns. Typical dose: 2 to 3 caps/meal.
pH Considerations/Cautions- Please Read
In addition to pH support products it is recommended to support key detoxification organs, especially the kidney and liver with a broad-spectrum, premier quality formula. RenaVen™ offers detoxification and advanced nutritional kidney support. HepatoVen™ supports detoxification and liver health. Coral and other mineral supplements should not be taken unless there is at least 15% or more of kidney function. When kidney function is below 15%, the urine pH typically will not respond and or kidney may be stressed if any concentrated mineral (especially calcium supplements) are taken. Dental problems may also keep the pH from the ideal range. The only way to deliver minerals safely in these cases is to use a large amounts of dehydrated grass supplements (several tablespoons per day-taken throughout the day) because of its ability to deliver natural source minerals without kidney stress do you to its ideal pH/ osmolarity etc. We recommend Premier Greens.
How long does it take to achieve a stable pH?
Rapid improvement of the pH is seen in most cases when no immune targeting is needed however many Americans over age 30 often need to mean targeting support for the teeth the intestines or other areas.
Americans often consume high protein diets. Protein helps you upregulate immunity and energy because it increases immunoglobulins. However, high protein diets also rapidly exhaust the body’s mineral reserves. The result is a much greater need for minerals, especially calcium, magnesium, and trace minerals which are well supplied by coral.
Often those on high protein diets show an erratic urine pH in the evening, even though the first morning pH may often be within range. An evening urine pH that bombs in and out of the alkaline range from day to day can be a marker of chronic immune stress.
The best approach is to gradually decrease high protein consumption to normal levels while assessing a baseline pH and then addressing all immune needs.
When a consistent pH between 6.4 and 7.0 is achieved in both the morning and evening, then much smaller amounts of supplementation are needed!
Keep up the good work! You are one step closer to a better version of yourself!